The Laboratory of Molecular and Computational Biology and Genetics (EMYBG), was created to cover the educational and research activities of students and staff of the Department of Informatics with Applications in Biomedicine (ICT) in the disciplines: Molecular Biology, Molecular Genetics, Molecular Genetics Epidemiology, Molecular and Genetic Epidemiology, Bioinformatics, Genomics, Computational and Mathematical Biology.
In the Laboratory of Molecular and Computational Biology and Genetics, with Laboratory Director Professor Pantelis Bago, the staff that falls within the field of knowledge of the laboratory is placed. Specifically:
- Faculty members: Panteleimon Bagos , Chatzigeorgiou Artemis-Georgia , Braliou Georgia .
- The postdoctoral researchers: Panagiota Kontou , Margarita Theodoropoulou , Konstantina Vennou .
- ETEP members: Eleni Rafailidou .
- The doctoral candidates: Messrs. Ahmed Fuad Roumia , Ioannis Tambosis , Ioannis Petasakis , Avgeris Tsironis
The mission of the laboratory is:
- the extensive coverage of the teaching and laboratory needs of the Department at undergraduate and postgraduate level in the courses related to its subject
- conducting basic and applied research on topics related to the subject of the laboratory, through the elaboration of dissertations, as well as postgraduate and doctoral dissertations and the dissemination of research results through the organization of seminars, conferences, workshops and lectures as well as the publication of publications scientific magazines
- attracting resources in the context of carrying out research projects and providing specialized services to private and public sector bodies
- the attraction of high level undergraduate and postgraduate students, as well as postdoctoral researchers, from Greece and abroad
- active participation in postgraduate programs
- the development of research and educational collaborations with other Universities and Research Institutions in Greece or Abroad that develop similar or related activity
- the provision of services in accordance with the provisions of Law 159/1984 (A’53).
For more information visit the websites of the research teams active in the laboratory: